Forrest urges the Scots to go for the jugular

first_imgHat-trick hero James Forrest has urged Scotland to go and make the most of their European Championship campaign after topping their Nations League group.Scotland will know their opponents when the draw is made in Dublin on Sunday but are guaranteed a play-off semi-final.“Now we know we have the playoffs we can have a real crack at the qualifier,” the 27-year-old told the Herald.“The manager and the staff will tell us to put this stage of it to bed and now get ready for the games ahead. A lot of people have been indifferent about the Nations League but it has been competitive games and a great chance to qualify.“From the outset, we aimed to top the group and we have done that, so the momentum will be there heading into the qualifiers.“What we have done over the last ten days will give us plenty of confidence and everyone is looking forward to the draw now. We will find out who we’ll be playing but with the way we have performed, so attacking, creating chances and scoring goals we will fancy our chances against anyone.ScotlandScotland needs a hero: Billy Dodds Manuel R. Medina – September 10, 2019 According to former striker, Billy Dodds his country needs a hero to inspire future generations as the team’s hope to qualify to the EURO 2020 is small.“The group has been working hard – we have to keep it going now.”Forrest secured Scotland’s top spot in the Nations League table in historic fashion; the winger became the first Celtic player to score a hat-trick for Scotland for 110 years, with Jimmy Quinn was the last Celt to achieve the same feat.It took his tally to five goals in two games for Scotland and to 11 goals in his last 11 appearances for both Celtic and Scotland. He would be forgiven for feeling this morning that he could spin gold from straw given the fortune he has enjoyed of late.“It was incredible, I’m absolutely buzzing,” he smiled. “It was great scoring my first goals for Scotland the other night so to come to Hampden and get a hat-trick is the stuff of dreams really. It’s up there with everything else I’ve done with Celtic.“I only got my first goals the other day [for Scotland] and now I have five, it’s pretty crazy really. I just want to kick on again from here, get as many caps as I can and hopefully get as many goals as I can.“I just have to keep working hard, play well for Celtic and when we meet up with Scotland again I hope I’m still playing with as much confidence.”last_img read more

Army Alabama Power Break Ground on Solar Array at Ft Rucker

first_img Dan Cohen AUTHOR Officials from the Army and Alabama Power held a groundbreaking ceremony last week for a 10-megawatt solar array at Fort Rucker.The 10-megawatt project is located on about 90 acres of land at the post in southeast Alabama and is scheduled to be operational later this year. The photovoltaic solar plant is expected to generate enough energy to power about 1,600 homes annually.Russel Hall, deputy to the commanding general at Fort Rucker, told the gathering he was pleased to be working with Alabama Power on the project, which is creating between 60 and 80 temporary construction jobs, according to a press release from the utility. “Increasing our energy choices is important to Fort Rucker,” Hall said.The energy generated by the plant will flow back into the Alabama Power grid as part of the company’s generation portfolio. Alabama Power also will retain the rights to the renewable energy credits from the project to serve its customers with renewable energy. The Army will continue to purchase electricity from Alabama Power under an existing electric service agreement.“There isn’t a place I’d rather be today than here at Fort Rucker,” said Michael McGhee, executive director of the Army Office of Energy Initiatives.The Fort Rucker project is the second major solar facility to break ground at an Alabama Army installation. Earlier this year, the utility began construction on a 10-megawatt facility at Anniston Army Depot. last_img read more

AirAsia India inducts new aircraft to its fleet adds Hyderabad to its

first_imgLow-cost budget carrier AirAsia India on Wednesday announced induction of the seventh Airbus A-320 to its fleet. In addition, the airline also announced additional new routes to expand its network. AirAsia India, which is a tie-up between Malaysian carrier AirAsia Bhd and Tata Sons group, has added south Indian city of Hyderabad in its network of destinations. The airline’s new plane will operate on the new routes i.e. Bangalore-Guwahati, Bangalore-Hyderabad and Hyderabad-Goa. The 180-seater capacity flight will begin operations from September 22, the company said.Talking about the airline’s expansion plans in terms of adding more routes, AirAsia India CEO Amar Abrol said the new flights would connect North East to the rest of the country, and that “the North East region is another important segment that AirAsia India is committed to.”On June 15, the civil aviation ministry unveiled the new civil aviation policy. Under the new policy, the aviation ministry scrapped one portion of contentious 5/20 rule. New airlines such as Vistara and AirAsia India will now be allowed to operate on international sectors if they have at least 20 aircraft in their fleets respectively.AirAsia India said it plans to expand its fleet size over the next few months so that it can begin flying overseas.Speaking at a press conference in Bengaluru, Abrol also said, that the airline will receive a new round of funding from its two parent firms AirAsia Berhad and Tata Sons group. However, it did not disclose the total amount, which would be infused into its India operations. Last month, the investors of AirAsia India, subsidiary of Malaysia-based AirAsia, had said they plan to infuse Rs. 234 crore in the airline.AirAsia India, which began operations in June 2014, has flown over three million passengers till date. In the month of June, AirAsia India’s domestic market share was recorded at 2.2 percent.last_img read more

Virender Sehwags wife files forgery complaint against business partners

first_imgVirender Sehwag and his wife Aarti Sehwag.Virender Sehwag/TwitterLegendary Indian opener Virender Sehwag’s wife Aarti has filed a complaint against her business partners alleging that they forged her signature to get a loan of Rs 4.5 crore. The former Indian cricketer’s wife is a partner in an agro-based company and has accused eight of her partners. According to reports, they took a loan from a Delhi-based creditor without informing her.The complaint filed by Aarti stated that “accused persons approached the creditors without any consent and knowledge of the complainant…and availed loan of Rs 4.5 crore from them.”The accused also influenced the creditor by taking Virender Sehwag’s name. She further accused them of forging her signature on the agreement and issuing two postdated cheques to the creditor. The firm failed to repay the loan amount.”Due to the default, the creditors invoked the arbitration clause and filed a complaint in the court. During the proceeding, it was shocking for the complainant to see her signature and partite agreement, which she had never signed,” the complaint read.According to ANI, the police have registered an FIR under sections 420 (cheating and dishonestly), 468 (forgery), 471 (using as genuine a forged document) and 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code.last_img read more

Victims of clergy abuse to sue Vatican seek abusers names

first_img Choosing to die well August 29, 2019 Michael Rezendes,Add Comment Click here to post a comment By: Amy Forliti Shambhala International fights to survive in face of sex scandal Opinion Columns • Opinion • Thomas Reese: Signs of the Times Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email Share This! Amy Forliti Share This! News Share This! Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email,MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Five men who say they were sexually abused by Roman Catholic priests when they were minors are planning to sue the Vatican and are demanding the names of thousands of predator priests they claim have been kept secret by the Holy See.In a Monday news release announcing the lawsuit, Minnesota attorney Jeff Anderson said he wants to show that the Vatican tried to cover up actions by top church officials including former St. Paul-Minneapolis Archbishop John Nienstedt. The lawsuit being filed Tuesday seeks the release of 3,400 names of priests who were referred to the Vatican for “credible cases of abuse.” That number was released by the Vatican in 2014.RELATED: Vatican law: Priests, nuns must report sex abuse, cover-upThe lawsuit comes less than a week after Pope Francis issued a groundbreaking new church law requiring all Catholic priests and nuns worldwide to report clergy sexual abuse and cover-ups by their superiors to church authorities. The law is part of a new effort to hold the Catholic hierarchy accountable.But the new law stops short of requiring the crimes to be reported to police, and abuse victims and their advocates say it’s not enough since it essentially tasks discredited bishops who have mishandled abuse for decades with policing their own.The plaintiffs in the new lawsuit include three brothers who were abused by former priest Curtis Wehmeyer as recently as 2012 in St. Paul, Minnesota. Wehmeyer pleaded guilty to criminal sexual conduct and child pornography in connection with his contact with two of the boys, who were 12 and 14. The brothers are not named in the press release.Internal church documents show that church leaders knew Wehmeyer had engaged in sexual misconduct when they promoted him in 2009. The behavior included at least two occasions when Wehmeyer solicited men for sex. Yet, church leaders did not warn Wehmeyer’s parishioners about his past, and a July 2014 church memo raised concerns that Nienstedt’s “social relationship” with Wehmeyer had clouded his judgment.Wehmeyer’s arrest led prosecutors to file criminal charges against the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis for failing to protect children. It also led to the resignation of Nienstedt, who came under fire for his handling of Wehmeyer’s case at a time when his own sexual behavior was under scrutiny. Nienstedt was investigated following credible allegations that he engaged in misconduct and harassment, then retaliated when his advances were rejected. Nienstedt has denied the allegations, calling them “entirely false.”His successor, Archbishop Bernard Hebda, said last December that the Vatican suspended the investigation when Nienstedt resigned in 2015. And while Nienstedt remains in good standing with the Vatican, Hebda has forbidden him from exercising public ministry in his archdiocese.Messages left with the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and the papal nuncio in Washington, D.C. were not returned Monday. An email sent to Nienstedt went unanswered.The other plaintiffs are, Manuel Vega, a California man who says he was abused by a priest in Los Angeles, and James Keenan, who says he was sexually abused by a priest in Minnesota.___Rezendes reported from Winthrop, Massachusetts. By: Michael Rezendes Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email Share This!center_img By their tweets you will know them: The Democrats’ continuing God gap August 30, 2019 TagsArchdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis Catholic Church Catholic sex abuse scandal clergy sex abuse clergy sex abuse scandal Curtis Wehmeyer homepage featured lawsuit sex abuse Top Story Vatican,You may also like By: Amy Forliti By: Amy Forliti By: Michael Rezendes Michael Rezendes By: Michael Rezendes Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email,About the authorView All Posts About the authorView All Posts Amy Forliti Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.,Once a bishop, now a ‘poster child’ for alcoholism, Heather Cook seeks to make ame … Share This! Anti-extremism program won’t stop hate, say Muslims who’ve seen its flaws August 30, 2019 Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Emaillast_img read more

Syria regime air raids rebel fire on Damascus kill 50

first_imgThe Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said at least four children were among the dead in regime strikes on the rebel-held Eastern Ghouta region, where some 120 people were also injured.The death toll was likely to rise further, it said.The air raids hit the towns of Douma, Saqba, Kafr Batna and Hammouriyeh in the rebel stronghold region outside the capital. An AFP photographer in Douma saw more than a dozen bodies in makeshift plastic shrouds in a field hospital where medical workers struggled to aid the wounded. Also Read – Nine hurt in accident at fireworks show in French resortElsewhere, he also saw two plastic shrouds opened at the top to reveal the faces of two children, their skin yellow and blood-speckled.Inside a clinic, a young boy wept and hugged his legs — one roughly bandaged — as he sat on a blood-smeared floor next to other injured residents.The strikes came as rebels fired dozens of rockets into Damascus.The Observatory, without specifying whether the raids or attack on Damascus came first, said at least 13 people, among them 10 civilians, were killed as a barrage of more than 50 rockets slammed into Damascus. It said another 60 people were wounded. Also Read – Pakistan Army ‘fully prepared’ to face any challenge: Army spokesmanSyria’s state news agency SANA, citing a police source, put the toll at five dead with 55 others injured “most of them children and women.” Rebels often fire into the Syrian capital from rear bases on the outskirts of Damascus, including at times barrages of hundreds of missiles.Rights groups have condemned indiscriminate rebel rocket fire into the capital as amounting to war crimes.The government, for its part, regularly carries out air strikes against rebel-held areas on the outskirts of Damascus, particularly Eastern Ghouta which is also under regime siege.Today, Amnesty International accused the government of war crimes against Eastern Ghouta residents, saying heavy aerial bombardment was compounding misery created by the blockade.last_img read more

NITI Aayogs model Agricultural Land Leasing Act yet to find adequate takers

first_imgKolkata: NITI Aayog’s additional secretary Yaduvendra Mathur said on Friday that the model Agricultural Land Leasing Act proposed by the Aayog, has not found the desired number of takers across the state governments in the country.According to him, a handful of states like Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh have moved towards the model. Rajasthan, however, is yet to extend the scope of the act to farmers. “The model land lease law was circulated to the state governments in 2016. But very few states are moving towards the model. It is a state subject,” Mathur said on the sidelines of a seminar organised by the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC). Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeThe Agricultural Land Leasing Act is aimed at better utilisation of assets along with improved credit flow to farmers. “We have written to Chief Secretaries of various states regarding this,” he added. It may be mentioned that the Niti Aayog had released the Model Agricultural Land Leasing Act, 2016, seeking to permit and facilitate leasing of agricultural land to improve access to land by the landless and marginal farmers. “The law should be strong. If any farmer wants to give his land on rent to neighbouring farmers or even his brothers, it should be allowed. In our country, it is not happening because we are not following a model land leasing law. Only yesterday, we wrote to Chief Secretaries of the states to take it up with the Chief Ministers and move towards the model land leasing law,” he maintained. He claimed that some of the states like Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Telangana have amended the law. According to Mathur, a percentage of the CSR money allocated by corporates has to go deeper into the granular problems of health and education of the people around, since people are at the core of the planet. Only that can lead to holistic development, he feels.last_img read more