Google Chrome for Windows, Mac, Linux Receiving Update With Two Zero-Day Patches

first_imgGoogle notes that both vulnerabilities were reported by anonymous sources. However, it is unclear whether the two issues were exploited together or separately.Chrome users are advised to look for the latest update by going to Help > About Google Chrome after clicking on the three dots button from the top-right corner of the browser window. The update is being rolled out in stages and may take some time to reach all users.In October, Google fixed the zero-day vulnerability CVE-2020-15999 by releasing version 86.0.4240.111. That was related to an issue in the FreeType font engine that was reported by a researcher in Google’s Project Zero team. The Chrome browser received the second zero-day fix last week through version 86.0.4240.183. That vulnerability was identified as CVE-2020-16009 and was related to a bug in the V8 engine.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Google Chrome has started receiving new update that fixes two zero-day vulnerabilities discovered in the wild. The update is specifically meant for Windows, Mac, and Linux users and is the third in the series after Google released a zero-day issue-related update in October and another similar patch last week. The search giant also recently brought a zero-day vulnerability fix to the Chrome for Android a few days back. However, unlike the three earlier patches that were reported by Google’s internal researchers, the two new zero-day issues were discovered by anonymous sources.The latest Google Chrome update brings version 86.0.4240.198. As per the details provided through a blog post, the update fixes the vulnerabilities CVE-2020-16013 and CVE-2020-16017. The former is described as an inappropriate implementation in the V8 JavaScript engine and was reported on November 9. In contrast, the latter is known as a “use after free in site isolation” memory corruption bug and was reported on November 7.- Advertisement –center_img Google last week also released the Chrome for Android version 86.0.4240.185 to fix another zero-day flaw that was identified by the Project Zero team as CVE-2020-16010 and existed in the user interface component of the browser.Is Mi Notebook 14 series the best affordable laptop range for India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.last_img read more

Ireland appoints new manager

first_imgRelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians Mick McCarthy is no longer manager of the Republic of Ireland, with Stephen Kenny taking over “with immediate effect,” the Football Association of Ireland has said in a statement. The 61-year-old’s contract was due to run out on July 31 after Euro 2020, with Kenny set to make the step up from the Under-21 team. However, with Euro 2020 postponed until 2021 due to coronavirus, Kenny has been given the job now in order to give him time to plan for the European Championship play-off semi-final against Slovakia, which is due to take place later this year. Interim FAI CEO Gary Owens said: “This has been a difficult situation for the Association – and for Mick and Stephen in particular – in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic and the effect it has had on the football calendar. “On behalf of President Gerry McAnaney, the Board of the FAI and myself, I want to thank both men for their professionalism and their understanding in their dealings with the Association in these unprecedented circumstances. These are exceptional times in Irish life and Mick has taken that into account in agreeing to vacate the post early. “On behalf of the FAI, I wish to express our gratitude to Mick for his service and commitment to our national team throughout his career and particularly in his second spell as Ireland manager. We wish Mick and his staff well and we thank them all for their hard work in this European Championship campaign to date. “Stephen will now begin his planning for the play-off against Slovakia and everyone at the FAI wishes him well in our bid to qualify for Euro 2020. Football will be back and we have so much to look forward to now in the autumn with the Nations League and the UEFA EURO 2020 play-off, followed by the World Cup qualifiers in early 2021.” It was McCarthy’s second stint as Ireland manager, after his time in charge between 1996 and 2002. He then moved to manage Sunderland, Wolves, and Ipswich before returning as Ireland boss in late 2018. Prior to becoming Ireland Under-21 boss, Kenny was manager of Dundalk for six years, and was also in charge of Longford Town, Bohemians, Derry City, Shamrock Rovers, and Dunfermline Athletic in a career stretching back to 1997. McCarthy was made to go into full isolation after his close neighbours tested for coronavirus in March. “I should have been on the training ground at Abbotstown with the players today, getting ready for Slovakia and working on shapes and game plans,” McCarthy said at the time. “Instead, I am back home in Bromley and isolating as two of our near neighbours have been diagnosed with coronavirus and it is now very real and very frightening for us. “Like so many others, we are trying so hard to play by the rules here and stay at home. My wife Fiona and I are not seeing our children or our grandchildren and it’s tough.”Tags: CoronavirusCOVID-19Euro 2020Football Association of IrelandManagerManagerial AppointmentRepublic of IrelandStephen Kennylast_img read more