Church caretaker in Depok arrested over alleged sexual abuse of 20 children

first_imgRead also: Eight named suspects in sexual assault of now-deceased minor in TangerangHe explained that the boys had not come forward or told their parents earlier because they were either afraid or were not aware that they had been abused.Some victims reportedly experienced psychological trauma.”Some victims are experiencing anger issues. We’re currently working to help them and their families recover through counseling and therapy. It’s our main concern at the moment,” he said.Tigor said the church was still investigating the case further to possibly uncover more victims.”We hope the Depok Police will also develop the case, because even though our investigation has revealed 20 victims, only two of them have reported the abuse to the police,” he said.Depok Police chief Sr. Comr. Azis Andriansyah said SPM had been arrested on Sunday. A preliminary investigation suggested that the alleged abuse had taken place in the church area.“He would pretend to ask his victims to tidy up tools, but he instead molested them,” Azis said as reported by kompas.com on Monday.SPM was charged under law No. 35/2014 on child protection, which carries a maximum sentence of 15 years of imprisonment. Topics : Police have arrested a 42-year-old church caretaker from Pancoran Mas district in Depok, West Java, over alleged sexual abuse.Parents had reported “suspicious behavior” of the caretaker, identified only as SPM, said Azas Tigor Nainggolan, the alleged victims’ attorney.”He often kissed and hugged the boys and put them on his lap. Some parents also claimed that he verbally bullied the kids,” Tigor told The Jakarta Post on Thursday.The parents reported their suspicions to the church pastor, who conducted an internal investigation. Afterward, some 20 boys reportedly came forward and said they had been molested by SPM.”The investigation revealed that SPM has been abusing kids since 2002. All the victims are male, aged 11-15,” Tigor said.last_img read more

El Gobernador Wolf anuncia préstamos a bajo interés para los sobrevivientes del incendio de apartamentos en el condado de Chester

first_img Economy,  Press Release El Gobernador Tom Wolf anunció hoy que la Agencia Federal para el Desarrollo de la Pequeña Empresa (SBA, por sus siglas en inglés) aprobó su solicitud de declarar el desastre en el condado de Chester luego de que el 31 de julio un devastador incendio destruyera docenas de hogares en el municipio de North Coventry.“Muchas personas que vivían en el edificio de apartamentos Ashwood perdieron todo lo que tenían”, dijo el Gobernador Wolf. “La disponibilidad de préstamos a bajo interés brinda una luz de esperanza para las personas que en este momento podrían necesitarlos desesperadamente”.Los propietarios, los inquilinos y los negocios afectados por el incendio en el condado de Chester, al igual que los condados vecinos de Berks, Delaware, Lancaster y Montgomery pueden ser admitidos para recibir préstamos por desastre a bajo interés a través de los Programas de Préstamos por Desastre de la SBA.Se ofrecen préstamos a bajo interés de hasta $200,000 dólares para que los propietarios reparen o reemplacen bienes inmuebles dañados o destruidos. Las regulaciones de la SBA permiten préstamos de hasta $ 40,000 dólares para reparar o reemplazar la propiedad personal dañada, incluso los vehículos. Las empresas y las organizaciones sin fines de lucro pueden pedir prestados hasta $2 millones de dólares en Préstamos por desastres físicos para restaurar edificios, inventarios, equipos y activos dañados o destruidos. Los Préstamos por desastre por daños económicos también pueden utilizarse para pagar deudas fijas, nóminas, cuentas por pagar y otras facturas que no pueden pagarse debido a las consecuencias del desastre.La SBA ofrece opciones de pago a largo plazo para que los pagos sean asequibles, con plazos de hasta un máximo de 30 años. Los términos se determinan caso por caso en base a la capacidad de pago de cada prestatario.De acuerdo con las precauciones sanitarias para el coronavirus (COVID-19), la SBA no establecerá un Centro de Alcance para Préstamos por Desastre (DLOC, por sus siglas en inglés) en la comunidad para asistir a los solicitantes. Sin embargo, la SBA continuará brindando un servicio al cliente de primer nivel y realizará actividades de alcance de manera virtual mediante seminarios web, llamadas de Skype, asistencia telefónica y asistencia paso a paso para la presentación de la solicitud.Con este fin, la SBA ha abierto un Centro Virtual de Alcance para Préstamos por Desastre (VDLOC, por sus siglas en inglés) para ayudar a los sobrevivientes a solicitar el préstamo en Internet usando la Solicitud de Préstamo Electrónico (ELA, por sus siglas en inglés) a través del sitio de Internet seguro de la SBA en https://disasterloanassistance.sba.gov/. Los representantes virtuales de atención al cliente están a disposición para ayudar a los solicitantes a completar la solicitud en Internet.Aquellos que deseen solicitar un préstamo a la SBA deben comunicarse con los Representantes de Servicio al Cliente al (571) 422-6871 o (571) 422-6078 para programar una consulta para recibir asistencia inmediata personalizada para completar sus solicitudes. Las solicitudes de información sobre el programa de préstamos por desastre de la SBA pueden obtenerse enviando un correo electrónico a [email protected] La SBA realizará un amplio alcance con el fin de garantizar que todos los afectados por el desastre tengan la oportunidad de obtener ayuda.Centro Virtual de Alcance para Préstamos por Desastre (VDLOC)Abierto: lunes a viernesHorario: 9 a.m. a 6 p.m.Cerrado: sábados y domingosCorreo electrónico: [email protected]éfono para particulares y empresas: (571) 422-6871 o (571) 422-6078Es importante tener en cuenta que esta información del Centro Virtual de Alcance para Préstamos por Desastre (VDLOC) corresponde solo a los solicitantes afectados por el incendio en el condado de Chester. No corresponde a ninguna otra declaración de la SBA o asistencia de la SBA relacionada con la COVID-19.Los solicitantes también pueden llamar al Centro de Servicio al Cliente de la SBA al (800) 659-2955 o enviar un correo electrónico a [email protected] para obtener más información sobre la asistencia por desastre de la SBA. Las personas sordas o con problemas de audición pueden llamar al (800) 877-8339.Los solicitantes pueden presentar una solicitud en Internet utilizando la Solicitud de Préstamo Electrónico (ELA) a través del sitio de Internet seguro de la SBA en https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela. Las solicitudes de préstamos también pueden descargarse en www.sba.gov/disaster. Las solicitudes impresas y completas deben enviarse por correo a: U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.La fecha límite para devolver las solicitudes por daños físicos a la propiedad es el 16 de octubre de 2020. La fecha límite para devolver las solicitudes de préstamos por daños económicos a causa de desastre es el 17 de mayo de 2021.View this information in English. August 18, 2020 El Gobernador Wolf anuncia préstamos a bajo interés para los sobrevivientes del incendio de apartamentos en el condado de Chestercenter_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

Julius Randle shows the Lakers what they would lose if they let him go

first_imgLOS ANGELES — Julius Randle has been on the bench, in the doghouse and out of the Lakers’ long-term plans.But he just keeps playing so well.If the Lakers are resigned to eventually parting with Randle, either by trading him before the Feb. 8 deadline or letting him walk in free agency, the fourth-year forward is making a point of showing what they’d be giving up on.His 22-point, 14-rebound performance in Tuesday’s 99-86 win over Sacramento was just the latest of his frequent uprisings in this tumultuous season. It was just the fifth time this season he cracked 30 minutes. That made Randle something of an enigma on the roster this season. But he has value.If the Lakers will have to renounce Randle’s rights just to get under the cap threshold to sign their target superstars next summer, then, the thinking goes, they should trade him now to get some return on investment.But what if Paul George and LeBron James don’t decide to make L.A. their next stop? Do the Lakers really want to watch Randle average double-doubles somewhere else for the next 10 years?Before he started playing so well, the Lakers were believed to be open to a bargain-basement price on Randle, considering even a straight swap with disgruntled and benched Dallas center Nerlens Noel.The price tag is going up.In spurts, Randle plays like someone the Lakers would not mind paying for years to come. On Tuesday, he matched his season high with six assists. “I just feel like we have a lot of guys who are trying to score,” Randle said, “so (I’m) making a better effort defensively and playmaking for guys. It’s better for the team.”Despite his ability to produce, the Lakers have always viewed Randle as an incomplete player, prone to turnovers – he had six against Sacramento – and limited defensively. Walton found a way to neutralize those defensive woes, however, by moving Randle to the bench, where he was able to switch on virtually every possession.“He, in my opinion, is one of the best bigs in our league at switching and guarding every position on the floor, one through five,” Walton said. “In the starting lineup, we need him to play more traditional coverage and schemes.”That is where he has struggled in the past, going head-to-head against bigger and more talented adversaries.If the Lakers are trying to showcase him for a trade by starting him, as has been suggested by media reports, then Randle’s defense is the likely tradeoff.In the meantime, the points and rebounds should continue to add up. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with PackersHe is averaging a career-high 13.4 points per game despite averaging six fewer minutes than last season. He has thrived in his last three games starting alongside Lonzo Ball, notching double-doubles in two of the three games and finishing with 15 points and nine rebounds in the other.“He is such a dynamic athlete,” Coach Luke Walton said, “that when he drives the lane, when he is under control, we always get something good.”So why is Randle’s departure from the Lakers viewed as so inevitable? He was included in an ESPN report this week that the Lakers have made both him and Jordan Clarkson available in trades, as well as Larry Nance Jr.As the organization commits to a core of Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram, the other promising young players in whom they have invested so much have become extraneous, especially if their salaries will cut into the Lakers’ ability to sign one or more max-contract free agents.The writing has been on the wall for Randle since Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka declined to sign him to an extension before October’s deadline, setting him up for restricted free agency next summer. He lacks the defensive skills and passing acumen of Nance and the floor-spacing ability of Kuzma and Brook Lopez. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more

Wimbledon has been canceled for the first time since World War II due to coronavirus pandemic

first_imgThe 2020 Wimbledon has been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.The All England Club announced after an emergency meeting that the oldest Grand Slam tournament in tennis would not be held in 2020. This is the first time the tournament has been canceled since WWII.Wimbledon was scheduled to be played on the outskirts of London from June 29 to July 12. The club says they are currently developing a plan to help support those who rely on the tournament for financial support.The club also said  that all tickets will be refunded, and fans will be given the opportunity to purchase tickets for the same day and court during the 2021 tournament.last_img

Brown’s double birdie finish wins the Carris

first_img Tags: Barclay Brown, Carris Trophy, Fulford 27 Jul 2018 Brown’s double birdie finish wins the Carris England’s Barclay Brown birdied the last two holes to snatch a one-shot victory in the Carris Trophy at Fulford Golf Club, York.Brown’s double birdie finish wins the CarrisEngland’s Barclay Brown birdied the last two holes to snatch a one-shot victory in the Carris Trophy at Fulford Golf Club, York.Brown, from Hallamshire Golf Club, found the last gasp push to finish on eight-under par and get past the long-time leader, Italy’s Gregorio De Leo.It was his first major win and, even better, his triumph in the English U18 boys’ open championship came in his home county of Yorkshire.The 17-year-old boy international worked hard for his win. His tee shots went hither and thither during the round but, with the touch of a magician, he pulled off outrageous shots from thick rough, under trees and in the bushes to keep himself in the running.The 7th was a great example. His tee shot went into the trees on the right, he escaped from that, only to send his third shot over the green and on to the 8th tee. From there he simply chipped in for par.“I knew I had a good chance,” said Brown, after pulling off his win. “But I completely lost my game today. I just got up and down all over place and my putter saved me.“I aimed to stay in it as long as I could and hope it would come good at the end, which it did.”For all but two holes, De Leo kept ahead. He started the round with a two shot lead which, at times, he extended to three.But on the 15th the gap was narrowed to one when Brown got up and down – again – for par, while de Leo took his turn to visit the trees and bogeyed the hole.The 17th was the turning point for Brown. He rammed home a 35-footer for birdie and into a tie for the lead after de Leo was unable to follow him in on the same line.“A few putts had just slipped by because I hadn’t hit them hard enough,” said Brown. “On that one, I thought it was time and I gave it a bit more pace. I knew Gregorio was right on my line and I would give him a good read, so I knew I needed to hole it.”On the last, Brown put himself in a great position off the tee and his second finished pin high, just off the green. De Leo, meanwhile, hit his drive into a bunker and reached the green in three. Brown chipped dead for a certain birdie and the Italian’s attempt to force a play-off slid by.“I was nervous over that chip,” said Brown. “Definitely.” He’s been seeking that big win for a while and commented: “Ive been playing well this year but just hadn’t quite get over the line so it’s nice to do it, especially here in Yorkshire in an England Golf event.”Brown collected more silverware. He also helped England win the Nations Cup, teaming up with Harrison Arnold (Castle Royle) and Enrique Dimayuga (Walton Heath). Their team total, over 36 holes was eight-under par and they finished six shots ahead of Italy.He also won the Malcolm Reid Salver for the best aggregate score in the Carris and Peter McEvoy TrophiesScotland’s Connor McKinney and Italy’s Alessio Battista shared the Hazards Salver for the best U16 score. They finished in a tie for fourth place on four under parThe final round of the championship was disrupted by a prolonged thunderstorm which delayed play by 3.5 hours at the start of the day. Another storm came through during the presentation, lashing the course with heavy rain and hailstones the size of ice cubes.Brown, from Hallamshire Golf Club, found the last gasp push to finish on eight-under par and get past the long-time leader, Italy’s Gregorio De Leo.It was his first major win and, even better, his triumph in the English U18 boys’ open championship came in his home county of Yorkshire.The 17-year-old boy international worked hard for his win. His tee shots went hither and thither during the round but, with the touch of a magician, he pulled off outrageous shots from thick rough, under trees and in the bushes to keep himself in the running.The 7th was a great example. His tee shot went into the trees on the right, he escaped from that, only to send his third shot over the green and on to the 8th tee. From there he simplychipped in for par.“I knew I had a good chance,” said Brown, after pulling off his win. “But I completely lost my game today. I just got up and down from all over place and my putter saved me.“I aimed to stay in it as long as I could and hope it would come good at the end, which it did.”For all but two holes, De Leo kept ahead. He started the round with a two shot lead which, at times, he extended to three.But on the 15th the gap was narrowed to one when Brown got up and down – again – for par, while De Leo took his turn to visit the trees and bogeyed the hole.The 17th was the turning point for Brown. He rammed home a 35-footer for birdie and into a tie for the lead after De Leo was unable to follow him in on the same line.“A few putts had just slipped by because I hadn’t hit them hard enough,” said Brown. “On that one, I thought it was time and I gave it a bit more pace. I knew Gregorio was right on my line and I would give him a good read, so I knew I needed to hole it.”On the last, Brown put himself in a great position off the tee and his second finished pin high, just off the green. De Leo, meanwhile, hit his drive into a bunker and reached the green in three. Brown chipped dead for a certain birdie and the Italian’s attempt to force a play-off slid by.“I was nervous over that chip,” said Brown. “Definitely.” He’s been seeking that big win for a while and commented: “I’ve been playing well this year but just hadn’t quite got over the line so it’s nice to do it, especially here in Yorkshire in an England Golf event.”Brown collected more silverware. He also helped England win the Nations Cup, teaming up with Harrison Arnold (Castle Royle) and Enrique Dimayuga (Walton Heath). Their team total over 36 holes was eight-under par and they finished six shots ahead of Italy.He also won the Malcolm Reid Salver for the best aggregate score in the Carris and Peter McEvoy Trophies.Scotland’s Connor McKinney and Italy’s Alessio Battista shared the Hazards Salver for the best U16 score. They finished in a tie for fourth place on four under parThe final round of the championship was disrupted by a prolonged thunderstorm which delayed play by 3.5 hours at the start of the day. Another storm came through during the presentation, lashing the course with heavy rain and hailstones the size of ice cubes.For full scores click hereImages copyright Leaderboard Photographylast_img read more