Ohio State received its 2014 National Championship rings earlier today, and the Buckeyes began showing them off online. The Twitter account for ESPN’s SportsCenter used OSU wide receivers coach Zach Smith’s ring picture in a tweet, and cited the assistant in the process. A Michigan fan on Twitter responded to the tweet by acknowledging that this is the Buckeyes’ eighth claimed national championship, while the Wolverines claim 11 over their program’s history. @LeadFoot_Lads82 @SportsCenter @CoachZachSmith @DMike94 WOAH DUDE ONLY 3 MORE TO MATCH MICHIGAN.— Us Against The World (@MichiganTorei) March 27, 2015Smith was tagged in the Michigan fan’s response tweet, and decided to come up with a comeback of his own, rather than stay silent. What Smith did was take a screenshot of Wikipedia’s listing of national champions during the poll era (1936-present). During that time frame, Ohio State has four more titles than Michigan, because the Maize and Blue claim a handful of championships from the turn of the 20th century. People get confused by T-Shirts in the bookstores. Since they made a poll and intelligently ranked teams… pic.twitter.com/QbU54ob8qB— Zach Sith #Zone6 (@CoachZachSmith) March 27, 2015We are not number 1 FYI… Would not want to promote inaccurate or irrelevant information. — Zach Sith #Zone6 (@CoachZachSmith) March 27, 2015This is a blatant shot at OSU’s biggest rival. Here is the full graphic Smith pulled his screenshot from. Notice, he cut off the first four teams and ended his photo right after including Michigan. Just another reminder why this rivalry is one of the best.
TORONTO — A panel at the Ontario Securities Commission has approved a $30-million settlement with Katanga Mining over the company’s misleading statements and its failure to properly disclose the risks of operating in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.Katanga, majority owned by Swiss mining giant Glencore Plc, says as part of the settlement it will make a $28.5-million payment, reimburse the commission $1.5 million for costs and submit to an independent consultant review of its reporting procedures.The company agreed in the settlement that it misstated its financial position and the results of its operations, failed to maintain adequate disclosure controls and failed to disclose material weaknesses in internal controls.The settlement also states that some current and former Katanga directors and officers allowed the conduct and acted in a manner contrary to the public interest.Company chief executive Johnny Blizzard, who has served in the role since 2015, has agreed to resign as part of the settlement.Katanga also agreed that it failed to describe the heightened public sector corruption risk in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the risks associated with its reliance on associates of Israeli billionaire Dan Gertler, who had close connections with the country’s regime.The Canadian Press
New Delhi: To ‘support’ the automobile industry, the government has come out with a policy where organisations and researchers can buy bulk data pertaining to vehicle registrations on an annual basis. Eligible bodies can purchase the data for Rs 3 crore from the next fiscal and would be required to ensure strict security steps to prevent its theft or transfer, according to the policy approved by the government. Violation of data, the policy warns, will result in action under the IT Act and other applicable laws besides debarring the agency from access to this data for a period of three years. As per the ‘Bulk Data Sharing Policy & Procedure’ issued earlier this month, sharing of vehicle registration data in a “controlled manner, can support the transport and automobile industry”. Also Read – Maruti cuts production for 8th straight month in Sep”The sharing of data will also help in service improvements and wider benefits to citizens & Government,” the policy said. The prime focus is on delivering simpler, better and safer services to citizens and sharing of data “will also benefit the country economy”, the policy said. “There have been continuous advances in technology and the range of purposes for which individuals and organizations want access to the DL&RC data. There has been growing demand to share the data for wider benefits.” The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways collects and holds data as part of issuance of Vehicle Registration Certificates (RC) and Driver Licence (DL). Also Read – Ensure strict implementation on ban of import of e-cigarettes: revenue to CustomsThe ministry currently shares complete data with specified agencies such as enforcement agencies. The data is also shared with automobile industries, banks, finance companies etc at specified rates for each data set. Earlier this month, the Road Transport and Highways Ministry has also announced going paperless and said driving licences and vehicle registration certificates will now be issued as plastic cards in a standard format across the country. Under the new norms notified by the ministry, states would have an option to issue the two documents in the form of cards, which would be either made of PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) or of Poly Carbonate. “A QR code has been prescribed on the cards. This would enable easy linking and access and validation of the information on the cards with the SARATHI or VAHAN database,” the Ministry has said. Recently, the ministry amended the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989, enabling issuance and use of transport-related documents in an electronic form. In the bulk data sharing policy the government has said that “Capture of old data on RC&DL (registration certificate & driving license) before the implementation of SARATHI and VAHAN has still not taken place. The possibility of a number of Vehicles having been transferred from one person to another or one location to another and the Driving License holders having relocated themselves without updating the database cannot be ruled out.” The policy makes it clear that under the circumstance, the Ministry is not in a position to ensure the sanctity of the data, which would be made available on “as-is-where-is” basis.
Igli Tare spoke on how they learned from last season’s injuries and now have realized the importance of squad rotationAfter many weeks discussing contracts for Ciro Immobile and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Lazio has confirmed they are almost done.The team’s director Igli Tare discussed with Football Italia the importance of squad rotation.“It’s a matter of days for Immobile and Milinkovic-Savic’s contracts. The agreements have been there for a while and I think it’ll be finalized at the start of next week,” he said.Fonseca hints Smalling could debut tomorrow Manuel R. Medina – August 31, 2019 AS Roma manager Paulo Fonseca has hinted Chris Smalling could debut in tomorrow’s Derby Della Capitale between his team and Lazio.“Considering the experience we had last season, above all towards the end of the season with injuries to four or five fundamental players, we paid a heavy price for that, so realized the importance of squad rotation.”“I can’t stop transfer gossip, but Caicedo’s situation is not the one that was pictured in the papers. It’s a tough role for him to be on the bench for much of the time, and the fans don’t forgive him anything,” he added.“Everyone here admires Caicedo, I had a long talk with him and you can see he’s hungry, even if so far it’s only been evident in training. I believe he’ll have a fine season.”“I agree that we’re in a position that we are not accustomed to being in, as we were always surprised outfits, whereas this year we declared that we wanted to be protagonists,” he concluded.
Reports from the Spanish press suggest that Real Madrid manager Julen Lopetegui could get sacked this Monday, but it’s not 100% certain.With all the bad results that manager Julen Lopetegui has gotten at Real Madrid during his first three months with the club, it would be a shame that he got sacked but that’s exactly what could happen according to the Spanish press.A report on Sunday by Onda Cero’s journalist Jose Ramon de la Morena, confirm that manager Florentino Perez seriously analyzed this Sunday that Julen Lopetegui’s time with Los Blancos could end this week.However, the bad results that FC Barcelona is having at the moment are the main reason why the club’s president could consider letting the manager salvage the situation after the international break.🎙️Jorge Valdano: “En un juego de hábitos la continuidad es importantísima” pic.twitter.com/Hs6eMelkIi— El Transistor (@ElTransistorOC) October 7, 2018Real Madrid just lost at Alaves on Saturday and Lopetegui’s numbers are amongst the worst from a Real Madrid manager in the club’s history, but there are many authorized football voices in Spain that don’t agree with this possibility like former Real Madrid forward Jorge Valdano.The Argentine was part of Onda Cero’s program this Sunday and listened carefully to De La Morena’s report, he doesn’t think that taking continuity from Julen Lopetegui’s project is the best way to proceed for Real Madrid and defended the coach during the program.Jorge is convinced that the players are also to blame for the club’s situation, and he also speaks about how much Cristiano Ronaldo’s absence has hurt the squad.🎙️Jorge Valdano: “Yo creo que está al alcance de Lopetegui hacer reaccionar a este equipo” pic.twitter.com/6yaNJK6JEmQuiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.— El Transistor (@ElTransistorOC) October 7, 2018Valdano listened to the debate table from Onda Cero, and he decided to give his verdict about the whole situation when he thought it best.“The greatest problem for Real Madrid right now is their lack of confidence, some players don’t even dare to push forward.”“A goal scorer’s talent is just as specific as the one that the goalkeeper has, and no Real Madrid player has that talent right now.”“Real Madrid had a goal fanatic (Cristiano Ronaldo) who is no longer there, the club lost its greatest goal scorer in history.”“I think that making the players react is still within Lopetegui’s reach. Sacking a manager is always a failure, especially in a game of habits where continuity is paramount,” said Jorge to Onda Cero.🔊 El Sanedrín de @ElTransistorOC: El futuro de Lopetegui, en el aire https://t.co/hpEwMDyOdB— Onda Cero (@OndaCero_es) October 7, 2018
Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo has shared what he thinks about Manchester United and Juventus.He states that Man Utd did do enough to win the game while Juventus could’ve killed it off three or four times.The Portuguese international scored his first and memorable Champions League goal in a Juventus jersey by allowing Leonardo Bonucci ball dip over his shoulder before he hit his right-foot on the ball that sent it into the roof of the net from 10 yards. However, the goal didn’t guarantee success for his team as they were eventually beaten 2-1 by two late Manchester United goals from set plays.“The Champions League is a special competition, where you could be winning, but can’t relax, as anything can happen,” Ronaldo told Sky Sport Italia via Football Italia.Lukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.“We dominated the game for 90 minutes, had so many chances, could’ve killed it off three or four times, but we relaxed and were punished.”“Manchester United did nothing to win the game. You can’t even talk about luck, because you have to find your own luck and in this case we just gifted it to them.”“Now we’ve got to lift our heads, as we played really well and are still top of the group.”
Wolves striker Raul Jimenez believes their 3-1 win at Tottenham on Saturday proves they can go head-to-head with anyone and come out victoriousNuno Espírito Santo’s side claimed a surprise victory over an in-form Spurs at Wembley, despite going a goal down early on from a Harry Kane strike.But Willy Boly’s header put Wolves back on level terms with Jimenez then stepping up to hand the visitors the lead with an 83rd-minute goal.Portuguese winger Helder Costa then sealed all three points for Wolves with a third goal just four minutes later.Following their 2-1 win against Chelsea on December 5 along with draws against the likes of Manchester City and Arsenal, Jimenez is convinced Wolves can beat anyone.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“I think we played very well in the second half, but I don’t know why we have to be down in the score to come back,” The Mexican told the club website.“We did it against Chelsea, now we did it again. This feeling is amazing.“We knew at half-time that we have a great team, and that we can score some goals to win the game. We thought about that and what we had to do on the pitch.“We never quit, we know that we are a great team, and if we are focused we can do everything, we can win against whoever.”Wolves are now seventh in the Premier League with Crystal Palace awaiting them next on January 2 at home.